Thursday, April 16, 2009

Chupacabra Craziness


An aunt visited last week. The first thing she tells me is that when I was a little kid, I was mermaid fodder. I was fey she said. Crazy craziness followed me around. Apparently (and I vaguely remember this), I was walking along a rocky shoreline at the beach when I was five with my dad when a hand shot out and pulled me into the water. My dad, of course, held on to my little foot and a tug-of-war ensued. Weird, right? I do remember the tugging bit but I'm not going to say for sure. The little story made my excited fingers itch to call George Noory on Coast to Coast and broadcast my supernatural experiences.

Then I thought about the time a blue iridescent dragonfly followed me around for almost a day - even alongside the car by my window as my dad drove twenty miles an hour.

And of course how could I leave out my bicycle accident when I was nine. I fell off a small ravine as I was rounding a curb. I have a five-inch scar on my left foot to remember the day. Anyway, my Nana said the old man that lived in the tree root where my bike took a nosedive was pissed off at the racket I was making...or that he liked me too much so he made me have an accident.

Anyway, life is tough. Little coochicoos everywhere. It's tougher to get through the phone queue of Coast to Coast, though, let me tell you...

No comments: