Monday, December 8, 2008

Catching Up Is A Short Trip

Lots happened since the last time I posted. I suppose this is a short version of the good things that've made my life a little easier to swallow. There's BARACK OBAMA winning the presidency, of course. What an exciting time to live in. Can't wait to see what changes he will bring to our country.

There's Pinkberry and Cherry on Top. Yogurt never tasted so good. After 10 years, I've finally kicked that automatic salivation that comes from smelling roasted chicken. For a vegetarian (and Filipino) this is quite a feat.

Listening to old Modest Mouse, Pavement, Jawbreaker, Cadallaca, Heavens to Betsy and all that jazz. Nice time there.

Watching films like Let the Right One In and Milk. Revisiting old shows like Firefly, Deadwood, Freaks and Geeks, and the original Office. And discovering new ones like Dexter.

Taking Penny, our dog, on hikes. It's been a long time since we've given her such an excursion. She's pushing nine now.

My discovery of a stash of anime toys I bought in Japan that I've happily arranged on one of our kitchen shelves.

Family. My aunt is willing to carry my Baddipounded for me if I do decide to have one. How nice is that? And of course, there's BaddicusFinch. We've been biking, cycling, and hiking like crazy. What a great partner in crime.

All in all, it's been a good year. I've never been so fit in my life...and I got to visit Civil War battle sites and see the homes of our founding fathers as well as visit my favorite authors' homes.

Happiness...

No comments: