Monday, June 28, 2010

Day 17 - Holiday holiday


Newtonville, Massachusetts:

This is the most laid back day I've had in over two weeks. My brother Ray took the day off to spend my last day in the Boston area with me. Between him and Dan, they'd fixed my car, arranged my junk in the car, fed me like the mayor of hungrytown, got me some dry ice, penny squished with me, and took me out for ice cream. I love those guys!

I watched Neil Jordan's new film, Ondine, at Dedham. I usually can't stand Colin Farrell...especially when he plays an American and his Irish brogue surfaces like swamp bubbles. He was pretty decent in this movie - because he was playing an Irish man. I won't kill it for other folks who might/should watch this film; I'm just going to say that it's an adult version of The Secret of Roan Inish.

My plan had been to go to Pennsylvania tomorrow from Boston, but Frank Lloyd Wright screwed me up. Fallingwater in southwestern Pennsylvania is closed Wednesdays of all days. Ah well. Plan B...I'm headed for Connecticut bright and early to see Mark Twain's house, and I'll stay overnight in the Land of Steady Habits.

No comments: